Google summer of Code 2007
This year we started to think about Google SoC too late. So, I would like to be ready in time for the next one.
For more informations about Google Soc, you can have a look here.
There is some example of possible projects in this TODO list.
But you can propose other projects.
Please reply to that post if :
- you want to be a mentor on a sub-project for JNode
- you are a student that want to work on a sub-project for JNode
- you want to propose other sub-projects for JNode
- Students :
- Mentors :
- Fabien DUMINY (me)
- Projects :
- open GL/3D support
- support for sound blaster & compatible cards
- adding more commands
- integrate grub (2)
- profiling support for JNode
- porting PearColator to JNode
- finish jikes opt integration
- continue Isolation support
- integrate CHARVA in JNode
- write SWT peers for JNode
- bluetooth support & implementation of JSR 82
- improved font support
- device drivers for various hw: network card, video card, usb devices
- generic SVGA video driver
- javax.comm support, serial/paralel port
- write support for NTFS/ISO9660
- FAT formatter
- EXT2 FS review & extensions
you will find more details in the replies